Random disconnects, no notification

Need help with something that you can't find on Google or the services/IRCd help files? Post here.

Moderators: IRC Operators, Support Team

bronze 18

Random disconnects, no notification

Postby bronze 18 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:51 pm

IRC will be working fine, sometimes for a few days, then randomly all channels become silent. I type something into the chatbox and I will disconnect. Sometimes this will only happen once, sometimes it never stops happening. Interval between disconnects is between 5 seconds and 30minutes.

Anyone have an idea on what could be causing this? It's starting to get very annoying.

Cheers.
Emmett
User
User

Re: Random disconnects, no notification

Postby Emmett » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:15 am

Hi, It seems that your connection to the server is just timing/pining out. You can try connecting to a server closer to you by typing in your IRC client, for example, /server bipartite.swiftirc.net You can see a list of servers here http://swiftirc.net/index.php?page=servers
bronze 18

Re: Random disconnects, no notification

Postby bronze 18 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:44 pm

Doesn't help at all because I don't live in the EU or US - I have a friend living in the US who is experiencing the exact same problem.
Today has been the worst day yet - I havent been able to maintain a connection for more than 30 seconds in the last 5 hours.

Return to “Help”