Pacman

In this forum special scripts, selected by the mIRC gurus, will be given the extra attention they deserve.

Moderators: IRC Operators, Support Team, mIRC Gurus

Wims
mIRC Guru
mIRC Guru

Pacman

Postby Wims » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:52 pm

Pacman online for mIRC! The game let's you play a pacman game with your friends and others people where each player is an human (no AI) and is either a ghost or a pacman (four ghosts max) It has a lot of features, see the readme.txt for more informations.

Download the installer here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4249275/Pacman/ ... taller.mrc (if you had a previous version, unload it)
Either type /pacman, or use popups menu to run the installer
Note: it will create a folder "pacman" with all the files in the actual folder where the installer is loaded
Joshuac

Re: Pacman

Postby Joshuac » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:40 pm

No offense but you only have 5 posts and you're linking to a file download site (and a site that is in the French language according to the Google Translate notification bar on Google Chrome).

Therefore...I do not trust the link. Now maybe if you linked to a pastebin, or a english file download site -- and also in your post stated the filenames (assuming there's multiple files, which there probably is considering you linked to a download link).

On topic: Seems like a neat idea. Pacman is a good game (although...Asteroids is pretty damn fun, as is Pong and Frogger). And the idea of running the game on a "server" allowing "clients" to connect is interesting..I don't exactly see how the hell multiplayer would actually work in Pacman. But whatever.

DFTBA
Joshua
Most likely idling...Much of my time is spent chatting and administrating (and enjoying every moment of it) my vastly growing IRC network.
FelicianoX
User
User

Postby FelicianoX » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:00 am

Joshuac wrote:No offense but you only have 5 posts and you're linking to a file download site (and a site that is in the French language according to the Google Translate notification bar on Google Chrome).

Therefore...I do not trust the link. Now maybe if you linked to a pastebin, or a english file download site -- and also in your post stated the filenames (assuming there's multiple files, which there probably is considering you linked to a download link).

On topic: Seems like a neat idea. Pacman is a good game (although...Asteroids is pretty damn fun, as is Pong and Frogger). And the idea of running the game on a "server" allowing "clients" to connect is interesting..I don't exactly see how the hell multiplayer would actually work in Pacman. But whatever.

DFTBA

He's voiced in #mSL, I doubt he will post a virus
nayr
User
User

Postby nayr » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:26 am

If you add up all the postcounts, it equals Joshua's IQ.
Wims
mIRC Guru
mIRC Guru

Postby Wims » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:49 pm

Joshuac wrote:Therefore...I do not trust the link. Now maybe if you linked to a pastebin, or a english file download site -- and also in your post stated the filenames (assuming there's multiple files, which there probably is considering you linked to a download link).
I'm going to be honnest, I simply don't care about your complaints, if you want to try, don't be silly and open that link.
Each person is eitheir Pacman or a ghost.
JoshR
User
User

Postby JoshR » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:01 pm

Joshuac wrote:No offense but you only have 5 posts and you're linking to a file download site (and a site that is in the French language according to the Google Translate notification bar on Google Chrome).

DFTBA

I can vouch for Wims's reliability.
Last edited by JoshR on Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CobaltHex
User
User

Postby CobaltHex » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:50 pm

took ya long enough to make this :P
havnt played it yet, but assuming its like the others, pretty good
anyway, wims has been on the mirc (mirc.com) forums for like 4 years (also, he is french, fyi)
Wims
mIRC Guru
mIRC Guru

Postby Wims » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:51 pm

I've updated the code, a lot of bugs have been fixed.
Movements have been improved too, less lag, and there's now a real spwan area for ghosts where pacman can't go.
You can now get a zip here
#pacman has been created if you want to try while not being able to run a server, or just talk about it.
Wims
mIRC Guru
mIRC Guru

Postby Wims » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:24 pm

A major update, this time all the known bugs have been fixed, sprite have been improved and new features have been added.

Download

Here is a list of the features of the game :
    -Only one tcp port and one udp port required to run a server
    -You can dynamically change the number of players
    -You can dynamically change who is pacman, who are ghosts, and who are spectators
    -Spectators can watch a game
    -Nice sprites
    -There's an advanced map editors to create your own map
    -Bonus
    -Scores
    -You can play an infinite number of maps as long as pacman has at leat one live
    -Clients don't need the maps, they are sent if needed.
    -Movements are anticipated
    -You can talk in a lobby with others
    -Confirmation button before playing
    -A nicklist shows who is pacman (@), who are ghosts (~) and who are spectators
    -The nicklist also shows who confirmed or, for spectators, if they are watching or not

And here is a screenshot showing pretty much everything of the game

What next ? A second pacman player will be added to reduce the difficulty (so 2 vs 2 or 2 vs 3 or 2 vs 4) and some options will be added for personal preferences
Join #pacman for more infos or to try the game, you need to try it!
Pao Docee
User
User

Postby Pao Docee » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:50 pm

wow very nice. GJ. Gz
tool4ever

Postby tool4ever » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:17 pm

I have to admit I've never been a big pacman fan but maybe this script will change my opinion <3
when there's nothing left to burn you have to set yourself on fire
Wims
mIRC Guru
mIRC Guru

Postby Wims » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:57 pm

You should die right now for not being a fan, but that game will definitely convince you :D
CobaltHex
User
User

Postby CobaltHex » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:25 am

meh
:)
CobaltHex
User
User

Postby CobaltHex » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:13 am